Job Location: St. Louis, MO
- Job Description:
The Safety Administrative Assistant will support the VP of Corporate Safety in implementation and management of the Safety & Health program. This position will be based out of our St. Louis Office. This role will be responsible for maintenance of safety documentation and records, coordination and tracking of training. The position will maintain multiple databases and generate routine reports as required. The Safety Administrative Assistant must maintain confidentiality of all company incident files and all required documentation in compliance with regulatory and company standards. The individual will work closely with the VP of Safety in establishing a strong safety culture, in addition to other various safety administrative services. The ideal candidate will be a resourceful problem-solver, with a positive can-do attitude. and provide excellent customer service.
This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
• Provide direct support to the VP of Corporate Safety through multiple channels. This would include the preparation & draft of correspondence, memos, manuals of new or revised polices and all safety related communication, safety training materials, and safety meetings.
• Schedule, track, maintain, & organize safety training, statistics, meetings, event calendars & overall safety database.
• Prepare graphs, spreadsheets, reports, proposals, newsletters, and assist with presentations.
• Gather all daily/monthly required safety documents, reports and required information from field employees. Record information, update paperwork, maintain documents and prepare reports.
• Assist with safety messages, daily JHAs, toolbox talks, special emphasis, safety documents, etc.
• Obtain incident documentation and acquire photos from employees. Monitor and provide continuous updates on incidents until claim resolution.
• Report & file all incidents (Work Comp, Auto, Property, etc.,) claims to insurance carrier.
• Provide assistance in completion of Pre-Qualification forms and requests for safety related information, as necessary.
• Assist in the maintenance of sub-contractor management websites (e.g., Avetta, ISNetworld).
• Set-up meetings, video conferences and webinars as needed.
• Monitor & update AED Inspections & First Aid cabinets. Ensure they are completed as required.
• Work with Human Resources to establish post incident drug screens. (DOT & Non-DOT)
• Monitor expiring CDLs, annual reviews, and medical certifications and ensure they stay updated
• Other safety or administrative duties as needed and/or assigned.
• Database management.
• Technology fluent with the ability to learn new programs quickly and/or assist with social media.
• Multi-task with ease and ability to work well under pressure.
• Responds well to changing priorities and flexible environment.
• Intermediate MS Office Proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
• Intermediate Adobe Acrobat proficiency.
• Maintain and organize electronic files with great attention to detail to ensure accuracy.
• Strong data entry, organizational, & interpersonal skills (Verbal & Written).
• Self-motivated. Ability to work independently and follow directions.
• Administrative experience preferred
• Education: High school or equivalent required
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
The requirements listed below are representative of the physical ability required:
• Ability to sit and use computer workstation, including keyboard and visual display terminal, for extended periods of time.
• Ability to stand and navigate within the work environment as needed.
• May require the ability to lift files (up to 25 lbs.) open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. Proper lifting techniques required.
• May regularly be required to stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, squat, balance, reach above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting for periodic periods throughout the day.
• Repetitive motion of upper extremities; gripping, pinching and fine manipulation.
Collins & Hermann is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
Job Type: Full-time, St. Louis Office Location
• Day shift
• Monday to Friday
• Dental insurance
• Health insurance
• Vision insurance
• Paid time off
Please send resume, information, etc., to: Drew Boland