Job Location: St. Louis, MO
The H.R. Administrator is responsible (in an administrative, non-managerial capacity) for all aspects of Human Resources including new hire processing, benefit enrollment and maintenance, and communication of company policies and benefits to employees at all levels. In addition, the H.R. Administrator is responsible for maintaining all files and information relating to employees and company benefits and assisting the Payroll Manager with clerical duties and time data entry.
• Administers non-union employee health, welfare and retirement plans company-wide.
• Benefit programs include: 401 (k) Retirement Plan, medical/dental, long-term disability, leave of absence, Flexible Spending (Section 125)
• Administers new hire paperwork, drug testing, and background checks
• Acts as liaison between employees, insurance providers and to resolve benefit related problems and ensure effective utilization of plans and positive
• Provides administrative support to the Accounting department (e.g. correspondence generation, record keeping, and file maintenance).
• Ensures plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and plan provisions are followed, seeking guidance as needed.
• Performs other HR generalist duties as assigned, with guidance from management.
• Assists Payroll Manager with time collection and entry, report generation, and union filings.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
• Two-three years’ experience administering employee benefit plans.
• Must have computer skills and the ability to learn HRIS system (Sage CRE).
• Course work/seminar attendance in the benefits areas helpful (e.g. CEBS, ACA or related course work).
• Familiarity with COBRA, ERISA, FMLA and related state and federal regulations beneficial.
• The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
• The employee keeps appropriate members of management up to date on progress of work.
• The employee works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
• The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong verbal/written skills and presentation skills.
• Attention to detail a must.
For more information or to send in a resume you can email email@example.com